Re: [OM] DZ 70-300mm lens prices

Subject: Re: [OM] DZ 70-300mm lens prices
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:21:20 -0500
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I started thinking about getting a 70-300 lens at the start of
>> this month, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
>>

> Although I don't personally own one, I have played around with one and I put
> this lens in the "gotta have it" category for its overall usability, size
> and weight.  It's a little on the dim side for serious professional work,
> but for a vacation, hiking and general-purpose lens, combined with in-camera
> image-stabilization it's a winner.

One of the things I think is great about the 50-200 is close-focusing,
since it will focus as close a 1.2m.  The 70-300 equals this and will
go a little closer yet in MF (assuming it's not too dim to work with
manually).  It looks like remarkable value to me at considerably less
than half the cost of the 50-200.

Joel W.