Re: [OM] DZ 70-300mm lens prices

Subject: Re: [OM] DZ 70-300mm lens prices
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:11:18 -0400 (EDT)
I guess pricing models is another case where computers make
our lives more complicated, not simpler.  I thought I saw a
higher Amazon price yesterday, but might have missed the $334
Moose found today because you need to put the item in your
cart to see the final price.  You are right about not fussing
over relatively small change.  I should just order it.

The Dell.com web site between yesterday and today definitely
showed some kind of price gaming going on.  Yesterday (March
17) Dell.com definitely listed the lens at $342, but the lens
was not in stock.  Today, Dell shows the lens available for
$399, but clicking forward shows an actual price of $359. They
could have just received a small order with a lower discount
from Olympus.  On the other hand, I've found different prices
for the same Dell laptop at dell.com on the same day,
depending on whether I enter through the personal purchase,
small business, or educational portal.

----- Larry Woods
      lmwoods@xxxxxxx