Re: [OM] Split image screen for 5DII

Subject: Re: [OM] Split image screen for 5DII
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:31:18 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
>> Dpreview mentioned the EE-S can be installed on 5D II but the exposure
>> could be different
>
> Excuse my pithiness, but didn't Olympus figure this out back in the mid-80s
> when they introduced the OM-2S and OM-4 which kept all metering in the mirror
> chamber?

Has Your Pithiness noticed that Oly forgot once they went digi? Or does
your E-1 work differently than everybody else's?

My suspicion is that nobody has figured out how to do OTS metering not
least because of the light color of sensors and the highly reflective,
specular reflection prone nature of the top layer(s) of sensor packs.

Hmmm. Might a half silvered mirror section interfere with AF? Without
that, no TTL spot metering in the mirror box.

Moose