[OM] Swamp walk at the Big Cypress Gallery

Subject: [OM] Swamp walk at the Big Cypress Gallery
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:29:38 -0400
Here's some actual OM film images... the first I've taken in a very long
time.  This is my walk through the cypress swamp behind Clyde Butcher's
Big Cypress Gallery on Feb. 15. OM-1 with 28/2.8 for all (Only
waterproof cameras are recommended so this was the only equipment I had
with me that I was willing to carry into the swamp).

Also, the film was the only ISO 400 film I had available, Kodak Portra
NC.  Not known for high saturation I was nevertheless underwhelmed by
the low saturation on the scans.  The film was developed and 2MP scans
put to CD by Wal-Mart which has always been fine the few times I've done
it in the past.  I don't know if it was the processing, the normal low
saturation of Portra NC or the fact that it was several years out of
date... although always stored in a freezer.  Anyhow, it took more than
the usual amount of adjustments in ACR to introduce some (now maybe too
much) color.  Although there's nothing like Moostification yet, not even
LCE.

These are just mid-afternoon hurried snapshots enforced by the
conditions of the walk with a group of people carrying walking staffs
and trying to avoid tripping over hidden roots and logs and who weren't
happy with me if I stopped too long.  I'm not sure there's anything here
worthy of scanning for real.  But it does contain one of Nathan's
senoritas.  I'll bet he didn't know she leads swamp tours on the side.
Only her backside is shown to protect her identity.  :-)  Clyde is shown
in the last shot posing beside the "real" image of the one whose smaller
brother I purchased and had him autograph that day.  It's clear I also
needed a 49mm polarizer.

<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Swamp_Walk/>

Chuck Norcutt