Re: [OM] Swamp walk at the Big Cypress Gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] Swamp walk at the Big Cypress Gallery
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:39:26 -0400
Thanks, but I'm not ready to cry uncle just yet.  I'm using an Epson
V700 which I've had for a while but have never used for film scanning
until today.  These are my very first scans with this scanner.  I've
tried Epson Scan and VueScan.  VueScan was also giving me fits by
crashing while I was tuning it's dials... something I've never know
VueScan to do before.  I suppose both can produce acceptable images with
a lot of dial twisting in the scanner and PhotoShop but I was hoping for
something much closer to the Wal-Mart scan which has good color but poor
saturation and contrast.  And, of course, it's only a 2MP JPEG.

I'll get there one way or another.

Chuck Norcutt