Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 11: dogs and beach

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 11: dogs and beach
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 09:33:04 -0400
I think the main may be the winner this week except that I think it
looks much better converted to B&W and the shadows darkened to create
silhouettes of the trees and people.

I like Alt #4 and thought it too would look better as B&W but I can't
make it work to my satisfaction so the color is good.  You must be
slipping.  No senoritas?  There is a nice senorita at the left in Alt
#9.  :-)  Also contenders for top spot were Alt #10, #11 and #12.  I had
initially rejected #11 altogether because of the very annoying bright
blue spot behind the dog.  But I just converted it to black and white
and by turning down the luminosity on blue (and a little on the green) I
can cause the ugly blue spot to blend with the vegetation and get lost.
  Overall background luminosity can be mostly controlled with cyan and
the tiles with red and yellow.  Altering the cyan, red and yellow up and
down can significantly change the mood of the photo.  Now that I look at
it again in B&W maybe #11 is the winner.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt