Re: [OM] The ones that get away.

Subject: Re: [OM] The ones that get away.
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 07:50:33 -0600
Errr...no thanks...we already have thousands of them that also live here
year round. In the winter, one can drive past any farm land, old corn
rows, and not even see the ground, because it is so thoroughly covered
with Canadian Geese.
The joke here is that we should call them  Colorado Geese. In fact, in
the Denver Zoo, (on the other side of Colorado from me) they are
becoming a nuisance, they are so prolific. They are everywhere that is
not fenced, and also every place that is fenced. One year...about 8
years ago, my husband and I watched one fly a bit too close to the Lion
enclosure. Who knew those "lazy pampered zoo lions" could move so fast?
Yes, in a heartbeat, he did grab that goose right out of the air, and
made very short work of him. All that was left were
feathers...everywhere, and stuck to the lion's mouth like a tattle tale.
He did look much like an over sized Cheshire cat after he ate that
goose. :-)

Candace