Re: [OM] Swamp walk at the Big Cypress Gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] Swamp walk at the Big Cypress Gallery
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:58:18 -0300
Cc: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hola Chris, and anyone here.

Thanks for your translation, it is quite accurate.

Your second paragraph states the point at which I had to stop, unable to
think further.
I'm using a nikon 4000ED, and afaik it works just like your 8000ED. Does it?

I thought curves and any other correction acted just like the same
controls in photoshop, thus my fear that I have been overprocessing
everything done so far (not too much, fortunately).
When I learned here that I should give up making corrections in
NikonScan and  leave it all into Photoshop I felt a relief since curves
and anything in NikonScan are not friendly at all, and always ended in
making similar adjustments in Photoshop.

When I told Roberto what did he think about this (a question I was about
to make him since 2004 ... ) - he answered what has been translated.

How can I solve this contradiction?
I have to assume that the 4000ED (NikonScan 4.0.2) works like the 8000,
.... oh, damn - I cannot think further than this, it's beyond my
understanding.
The more I read it, the more confused I feel - first time I read what
Chris wrote, felt I had clearly understood and made a few trial scans to
watch the 'Progress' window ... now I am at a loss, perhaps I should
take my dog for a walk ...

I must say that Roberto is one of the few reliable references both here
and in Buenos Aires, and is highly respected. He's very special,
nonetheless - and I cannot ask him a question without knowing exactly
where am I standing. And he is telling exactly what he does - and he's
been doing this for long, very long I mean. You can see a selfportrait
of him here, done with a D300:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4664/conleicamf6.jpg

Last, this is not a minor issue for me - I have stopped doing anything
until I am able to work this out. I didn't even clean a couple of
filters ...

Fernando.