Re: [OM] Light at Home

Subject: Re: [OM] Light at Home
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:05:53 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I like 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8.

Thanks. A good batting average today!

Joel Wilcox wrote:
>> http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Light090322
>>

> Really like 1 and 2.

Thanks, Joel!
> Love the riddle in the last one!

I wasn't sure how any of these would translate for others. They're part
of the space I inhabit, and thus have personal context that may not
resonate for others.

Also, they partly include elements that may resonate only for a few. No.
7, for example interests me because it is a "still life", which has a
still element, a life element and a moving element that appears still.
Without seeing it, the rapid movement of the "rainbow" isn't apparent.
It took four shots to get it in a good place in the composition. I
suppose I could have covered the solar cell and hand set the crystal,
but that seemed like cheating. :-)

No. 8 isn't really a riddle, but an important personal reference for
Carol. Like the others, it's a found composition (except for the choice
to click the shutter with the second hand straight up), with element
placement some combination of Carol, whose desk it is on and Rosa, who
dusted the desk a few days ago. Yet at that, there is an element
emotionally important to Carol that I didn't notice. Alternate title,
"An hour late for Yuma"

Moose