Re: [OM] back to basics

Subject: Re: [OM] back to basics
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 08:05:46 -0400
Thanks for the tips.  Although it's been staring me in the face I've
never used Edit=>Transform=>Distort before for perspective correction in
PhotoShop.  I just tried it and see that the underlying layer must be
made invisible first in order to see better what you're doing.

Although I didn't mention it, since I doubt many people have it, my
favorite tool for perspective correction is not in PhotoShop but Picture
Window Pro.  In PW Pro Transformation=>Geometry=>Warp does the same
thing as PS Edit=>Transform=>Distort except... it automatically puts up
the grid and continuously displays in a preview window what the cropped
version of the image will look like.  There are also some usage options.
  For perspective correction one would normally use it with the "free"
and "perspective" options checked.  "free" allows simultaneous
correction of both horizontal and vertical perspective as well as
horizontal and vertical resizing.  Switching from "free" to "rigid"
causes the grid to become rigid but allows grid repositioning including
rotation.

Thanks for the tip on the ruler tool.  Never knew that.  I'd always
wondered why PhotoShop didn't have something as simple to use as the
straighten tool in ACR.  Still not as simple but close.

Chuck Norcutt