Re: [OM] Foliage in web images [was Mud Season in Maine]

Subject: Re: [OM] Foliage in web images [was Mud Season in Maine]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:09:10 -0500

> Any help appreciated.

#9 works best for me, but none of them seem right. There is something
disturbing about all of them for some reason.  But I think it may have more
to do with JPEG compression than the downsizing and sharpening.

I've been getting my best results lately when I apply a gaussian blur to the
image prior to downsizing and then sharpening.  The blur functions as a nice
anti-aliasing filter.  But sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.  I've
been struggling with the downsizing of pictures that contain linear items at
angles.

AG