Re: [OM] A silly adapter?

Subject: Re: [OM] A silly adapter?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:42:53 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
> Me Wants!!!!
>
> That is perfect for building panos.  The view camera handles the swings and
> tilts.  This has nothing to do with Polaroid replacement and everything to do
> with landscape photography.

How quickly you shift*:

Ken Norton wrote:
> BTW, I'm with you on the comparative of a stitched digital vs a massive hunk
> of Velvia/Provia.

Interesting idea. I wonder how the lens issue would work out. Hmmm ...
Assuming FF is adequate for the vertical dimension, you'd need 24x68 mm
coverage to match 6x17 cm film. Three 36 mm wide frames should provide
the overlap for the 68 mm panorama, especially as the captures are just
parts of the same images.

To get the same FOV as 90 mm on film, you'd need a 36 mm lens, say 35mm,
that covers 6x6 MF. By trig, even a 4.5 x 6 lens would likely work, as
the calculated radius of that image circle is 37.5 mm and that of a
24x68 mm image is 36 mm.

Moose

* PI