Re: [OM] John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, Oregon

Subject: Re: [OM] John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, Oregon
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:09:47 -0700
The Painted Hills are volcanic soils. I think I'm safe in saying that
most Eastern Oregon landscapes were formed by massive volcanic activity
of one kind or another. In geologic time perhaps second only in scale to
areas in India. The hills are very fragile and people are asked/required
to stay off. Most people comply but they aren't Bubba proof. We saw
antelope, coyotes and deer on the hills but little sign that people
ignored the keep off signs.

As far as the dynamic resizing... I could disable it but the folks with
the small screens would have to scroll. Is that best? I think I could
force the browser window to maximize which might be better.  Or to
paraphrase the now headless French Queen, "Let them buy a 24" monitor"

Thanks for looking and for the comments.

Mike