Re: [OM] Foliage in web images [was Mud Season in Maine]

Subject: Re: [OM] Foliage in web images [was Mud Season in Maine]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:00:04 -0400
Also, I meant to point out earlier that I didn't consider "painterly" to
be a valid part of the judging criteria unless I misunderstand the word.
  Moose was specifically looking for an image that best displayed a
notion of detail in the leaves.  My notion of "painterly" is what we see
on an artists canvas which, while it may be beautiful, never represents
the detail one sees even in a not very sharp photograph.

I think, given the limited judging criteria, that one can rank the
images with N-1 comparisons.

Chuck Norcutt