Re: [OM] Stumped--stop down metering manual +/- auto on OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Stumped--stop down metering manual +/- auto on OM
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 20:59:19 -0400
Celestron and Meade Schmidt-Cassegrain scopes have a short, flanged tube
which screws onto the back of the scope with a threaded locking ring.
On the other end of the tube is a male T2 thread for a standard T2
adapter ring.  They look like this:
<http://www.celestron.com/c3/product.php?ProdID=362>

For a Newtonian scope with 1-1/4" or 2" focusing tube you need one of
these  <http://www.telescopeadapters.com/>  But note the warning on use
of T-rings with 2" focusing tubes.  The ID of the T-ring is smaller than
the 2" tube so may serve as a vignetter.

Chuck Norcutt