[OM] Point Lobos [was Edward Weston - NY Times feature]

Subject: [OM] Point Lobos [was Edward Weston - NY Times feature]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 15:21:16 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Wow!  Why didn't I get pictures like that at Point Lobos when I was there
> last fall?  I know... it was too foggy.  Yeah, that's it.  It was too foggy.
> :-)

Summer is chancy along the coast. It may be beautiful - or so foggy you
can hardly see a thing. We generally won't go further than a day trip
hwer we know hat the weather is doing in the summer. Spring and Fall are
much more reliable. Winter between storms can be wonderful. Often warmer
and less windy than summer.

With no intent to compare my photography with that of Weston - except
that I'm willing to go further than 500 yds - I have a gallery of Pt.
Lobos images that I rather like.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Monterey%20-%20June%202006/Point%20Lobos/index.html>

It was an overcast day and we spent a lot of time in the central and
Southern parts of the park. Less spectacular than the point itself, with
it's rugged rocks and often crashing surf, I think it's just as
beautiful, in a quieter way, with some unique features. Lots of images,
so the slide show button at the top right may be useful. The show-off
sea otter is on the last page.

I do want to find and scan or take new images of the point when the sea
is excited, too.

Moose