Re: [OM] [OT] Seagate "Barracuda" HDs

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Seagate "Barracuda" HDs
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:25:50 -0500

> as capacities and file sizes increase, or functionally, as interfaces
> change, before they fail. My backup 1.5TB is inserted in the 'toaster'

I have one of those Netgear "SC101 Toasters"  (two-slice units) which gives
"PoS" a bad name.  Stay far far away from those things.

That's one computer equipment buying decision which I've learned to loath. I
don't admit to making purchasing mistakes very often (ever?), but the SC101
ranks as my most ignominious choice in mass-storage I've ever manned up to.
 Fortunately, I have DVD-R backups of most of the stuff I've lost. One of
these days I'll experiment with it to see how well it rolls down the highway
at 70mph.

I'd have been better off purchasing single-use CF cards and never
deleting. Film is my friend....
AG (Lemming) Schnozz