Re: [OM] Earth Hour

Subject: Re: [OM] Earth Hour
From: Tom Fenwick <super.wide@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:56:18 +0100
He makes some cogent points, but I think the one about increasing CO2
emissions with candles is not one of them.  The problem with carbon
emissions is specifically that they are coming from fossil carbon - candles
made from bees' wax or other renewable sources are part of a cycle of
release and re-fixing which is not a problem in the same way.  No doubt
there are plenty of candles made from oil industry byproducts which won't
fall into this category, but still, I think it's a statistical dig rather
than a real argument.

I am going on common sense and imagination here so may well be considered
wrong... :-)

Tom

2009/3/31 Chuck Norcutt