Re: [OM] Point Lobos, etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] Point Lobos, etc.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 06:08:20 -0400
The first and last, both of them panos taken at 20mm, have given me a
lesson in paying attention to what's in the very near foreground in wide
angle shooting.  The brown, white tipped pipe at the marina in the first
shot and the bright, sun-lit stick at the edge of the cliff in the last
shot tend to dominate and distract due to their brightness.  But, while
I was taking the pictures, I didn't even notice them.  I'm not sure now
if I could have done anything about the pipe but I could have picked up
the stick and moved it out of the way... assuming I wouldn't fall off
the cliff in doing so.  It was a long way down.  And I still don't know
how the owners of the cliff-side house could get there.  Maybe there's a
helipad on the roof.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt