Re: [OM] Earth Hour

Subject: Re: [OM] Earth Hour
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 07:23:13 -0400
I do think that most candles today are oil byproducts and not bees wax
which is very expensive.  But it doesn't really matter.  The effect is
miniscule and Lomborg is just making a dig at those he thinks are taking
a wrong approach to global warming.  Lomborg is an economist who opposes
the Kyoto Protocol and similar short term approaches to global warming
because, in the short term, he believes many more lives can be saved by
directing resources at AIDS, malaria and malnutrition.  He is not well
loved by many climate environmentalists.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bjorn_Lomborg>

Chuck Norcutt