Re: [OM] Chuck's back yard

Subject: Re: [OM] Chuck's back yard
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:39:43 -0500

> Nice setup.  I grew up in a house with forced air heating in mid-Long
> Island. I remember it as being very comfortable in the cool months.

I forget that heating and cooling methods in houses are predominantly
regional in nature. For example, up in New England, fuel oil is still used
very heavily, whereas in the mid-west USA, we are almost exclusively natural
gas or propane.

I grew up with gravity heat.  When the house is designed for gravity heat
and the system is installed correctly, it's great.  But usually, it makes
for some really cold spots in the house.  The best part of gravity heat, was
that we had this one vent at the base of a wall which was perfect for
leaning up against.  It was wonderful for warming up the back--although
everybody else in the room would start to complain.  It was the most fought
for spot in the house.

AG