Re: [OM] Strange CF Card behaviour

Subject: Re: [OM] Strange CF Card behaviour
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:16:25 -0700
Wayne Harridge wrote:

> I thought the camera would just format the device however it wanted it,
> without any regard to how it may have been formatted previously.

Canon, yes. Others, perhaps. Oly, only EVER format in the camera.
Perhaps it's related to Oly software ...
> Does the camera really "format" the card ?

Yes, quick format for CF, I believe.

For xD, at least on the non-DSLRs, they do some special formatting trick
to accommodate the panorama format.. NEVER, EVER format an xD card on
any device but the camera you are going to use it with. Really.

Moose