Re: [OM] E-450

Subject: Re: [OM] E-450
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:28:15 -0400
I didn't say the EVF future is tomorrow.  Give it another 3-5 years.

Sensors with electronic shutters can continuously take images at, say,
30 frames/second and just recycle them through a buffer.  The image you
capture is the last one in the buffer at the time you press the shutter
button.  The camera already took the shot.  You just froze it in place.

The shutter lag is a combination of focusing and exposure measurement
delay.  If you prefocus you may still have exposure measurement delay.
Try shooting in manual mode.  You probably can't do it at 624mm
equivalent but at less extreme focal lengths you can probably get away
with small apertures and pseudo hyperfocal or zone focusing methods.  At
f/8 and prefocused to 20 meters you should have DOF from about 12-75
meters.  Prefocusing to 12 meters should give DOF from about 9-21
meters.  7 meters should give you a range from about 5.5-10 meters.

Chuck Norcutt