Re: [OM] Trip to the US?

Subject: Re: [OM] Trip to the US?
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 21:09:16 -0300
Three days on the hoist ............ had to weld up the very bruised oil
pan, countless oil changes to check on oil leaks, extensive inspections of
the underside for collateral damage [20 inch diameter boulders can do quite
considerable under the body damage], checking the steering mechanism, etc,
etc. A car on the hoist with UK licence plates got some attention from
passers by. When all was done Imperial Oil [Esso's parent] head office in
Calgary got copied with a big thank you letter I sent to the Esso station in
Litton, BC. It was during my sojourn in Litton in Jan 1977 that I toured the
local hardware stores and sporting goods shops ..................... back
then in Canada one could stock up with an AK-47, 7.62mm, .303" [.22's were
kiddy toys] with the same ease as purchasing Cornflakes. Handguns were a tad
more difficult. As a new immigrant I expressed some surprise. The response I
got ................ "oh, you're the new guy in town visiting from Mars with
the funny licence places on the hoist at Esso" !!

John

ps : Wiliam ............. avoid Pittsburgh, PA ............... site of
today's mass killing in the USA. You did ask ask about the safety in
visiting the USA.