Re: [OM] Trip to the US?

Subject: Re: [OM] Trip to the US?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 09:31:21 -0700
> From: Mike Lazzari <jngrefurq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Down south you stand a good chance of being shot up on the streets
> Hmm... sure you don't mean Vancouver or Toronto? The last month in
> Vancouver has been carnage on the street.

I just read that, since the Friday shootings of the citizenship
students, the US has had more people die so far this year in such
events than happened in all of last year.

Of course, any individual's chance of being involved in such a thing
is vanishingly small. But put the Second Amendment together with
massive unemployment and homelessness, and I fear it's a recipe for
Rwanda. The US is awash in guns, as well as increasing numbers of
frustrated, angry, hopeless people with lots of time on their hands.

And the following came up totally at random:

:::: The income gap between the rich and the rest of the US population
has been growing so fast, that it might eventually threaten the
stability of democratic capitalism itself. -- Alan Greenspan ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::