Re: [OM] Trip to the US?

Subject: Re: [OM] Trip to the US?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:14:52 -0400
The pastie I had was filled with diced beef and potato with maybe some
turnip mixed in.  The pie crust on the outside made it look delicious.
My taste buds (erroneously) had mental visions of Mexican empanadas
which I truly love.  I bit in... and stopped.  It wasn't that it tasted
bad... it just didn't taste at all.. it had no salt, no pepper, no spice
no nothing.  It was then that I was advised that I needed to douse it in
ketchup for flavor.  I decided I'd like to eat something else.  I guess
it must be an acquired taste.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt