Re: [OM] Cleaning Mirror in film scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Cleaning Mirror in film scanner
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:26:01 -0400
On Tuesday, April 07, 2009 08:18, John Hermanson wrote:
> We occasionally see geese fly over, but they land in open spaces, which
> we definitely don't have.  There's a nature preserve w/pond at Bill
> Richards Park.  Last year, we found an area littered with hundreds of
> fresh feathers (and no blood).  Perhaps the remains of molting.
> ___________________________________
> John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
> 21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
> 631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
> Olympus OM Service since 1977
> Gallery: www.zuiko.com/album/index.html
>
> Sue Pearce wrote:
> > Are geese safe in your neighborhood? I have a vision of a monty
> > Python-like scene where you are stalking the elusive goose.

Yes they are very safe.  The problem is that the like to hang out on the edge
of the road or even in it. Every year a goose, a raccoon and a beaver seems
to get wacked on our road and a deer about every other year.

When I drove down the road yesterday there were four pairs of geese and two
seperate lone geese. The lone geese may actually been part of  pairs where I
didn't see the other goose. I don't know If we have the pair back that was in
the pond outback last year. I haven't seen him walking around the lawn so I
don't hink so. I'm don't thing they are setting on eggs yet. but it should be
soon.  There are also a pair of mallards swimming around.