[OM] Fried yet another yabe slave flash radio transmitter

Subject: [OM] Fried yet another yabe slave flash radio transmitter
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 19:35:18 -0400
Yessir, that be the flash--I measured the TV at 250 V several years
ago.  The Vivitar was in the hotshoe and the transmitter hooked onto a
pc socket on an OM.  The seller got back to me again and insists it can
take the voltage  like the receiver.  Two fried transmitters later--
1st attempted flash killed the second functional transmitter.
AG Flash and Dr. Flash's opinions and the Edisonian approach
speak otherwise as to the transmitter's robustness for high TV.
Radiopopper junior is OK  for 200V--prolly not a great idea to push the
envelope.
Never heard of the "latching" phenomenon.

Mike

Whoa, there Mike.  Are you saying that the Vivitar 283 is a legacy model
with the 250V trigger voltage?