Re: [OM] Chinook Pass #1, Mt. Rainier

Subject: Re: [OM] Chinook Pass #1, Mt. Rainier
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:42:42 -0400
I found a round tuit today that Walt had given me previously so I worked
on the Chinook Pass image a bit more.  I discovered that, if it's
possible to duplicate the effects of the shadow/highlight control using
ACR's curve controls (either sliders or points), then it's beyond my
current capacity to do so.  But I also discovered a down side to the
shadow/highlight control for this particular image.  There are
substantial highlights in the foreground that also get clipped while
working on the sky without a mask.

But my masking job wasn't perfect so some small wisps of clouds here and
there didn't get adjusted.  So the final image is a composite of my
original mask and curve image overlaid with those bits of the
shadow/highlight version where the mask hadn't been effective.  The
final is here but you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference
between it and the previous one without larger images to compare very
closely: <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Mt%20Rainier/index.htm>

Chuck Norcutt