Re: [OM] Enjoy slow speed shot with RF camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Enjoy slow speed shot with RF camera
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:13:00 +0200
Nice shot, Michael - though I might have cropped it a bit to remove
some subtractions on the top and the right... What is great about your
shot is that you
somehow managed to avoid any motion blur on the musician's part (hands
on guitar, etc) -
something which I find remarkable. Every time I photograph musicians,
even at 1/30, I
always get blurred hands. Unless it's those pesky energetic rock bands
not keeping still :-)

Which rangefinder are you using? Oh, and though I do not disagree that
rangefinders
are great for low shutter speed hand-held photography (and nothing
does this better
than a Mamiya 7 with it's silent leaf-shutter lenses) I must say that
with my OM-1n
and 50/1.4 I have gone down to 1/4s and still got pretty sharp shots.
Very very low
vibration.