Re: [OM] Chinook Pass #1, Mt. Rainier

Subject: Re: [OM] Chinook Pass #1, Mt. Rainier
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:17:47 -0500

> > I think it was AG who commented on the 3D effect as well.  I give credit
> > to Moose's cloud vision and tutorial.

The 3D effect I was referring to had less to do with the clouds and more to
do with the way the foreground leaps off the screen and makes me want to
reach out and touch the rocks.

In fact, I'd suggest that recovering too much of the highlights flattens the
scene and gives the image that dreaded "HDR" look.  I thought Chuck's
"Version II" was pretty good, but any more correction than that screams
Photoshop.

AG