Re: [OM] More Mt. St. Helens... up close and personal

Subject: Re: [OM] More Mt. St. Helens... up close and personal
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:07:22 -0400
I'm sure I saw it but don't recall it well.  I have a friend who visited
Mt. St. Helens about 2 or 3 years after the eruption when it still
looked like a moonscape.  What I've recorded is very much different.
But you can get a feel for the scale of the incident when you realize
that my vantage point for this photo is 30 miles away from the caldera
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Mt%20St%20Helens/pano%208563-8565lce%20c3x2.htm>
Note the river coming down from the mountain which has cut its way
through what is mostly ash.  Imagine how deep it is.

Chuck Norcutt