[OM] E-3 Photos of Omaha's near-northside downtown

Subject: [OM] E-3 Photos of Omaha's near-northside downtown
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:14:42 -0500
Here are some more photos of Omaha, taken fairly early on Sunday
morning, March 15, while I was waiting for the girls to get up and get
going.  We stayed in a hotel several blocks north of downtown.  The
hotel was built in 2008 and there are a number of other new hotels and
some businesses in the area.  The land is otherwise vacant in many
places while the Union Pacific railroad is selling land once used as
railyards for new development.  Other than the newer buildings, most
of the remaining buildings in the area are vacant.  It was
disconcerting to the girls at first to stay where we did and they
called it the "ghetto" because of the rundown, abandoned factories and
warehouses.  The Qwest Conference Center is located in this area and
the City of Omaha has created a nice gateway to this part of the city
which will eventually develop in the old Union Pacific yards near the
Qwest Center.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2008565&id=1261510733&l=ad56cfeaed

Joel W.