[OM] Discovered treasure trove of NIB Olympus items... aka 180mm Pan

Subject: [OM] Discovered treasure trove of NIB Olympus items... aka 180mm Pan
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:38:59 -0400
Nice images Fernando---thanks for posting.  Interesting combination
with the autotube and 200 f4.  That's quite a long T-cord.  Where did
you have the T32?   I remember Dean likes the Tammy 60-300 on the
autotube for a butterfly rig. The longest dedicated macro lens that is
available in OM mount is the Viv S1 90-180, AFAIK.  Jeff looked for a
year before finding one but says he doesn't like to use it much.  I
think it is a behemoth.

When I was thinking about this 200/4 and had a nice one in my sights on
  esnipe, I came across about 10 higher res images on FM (OM 5D) and was
concerned about the bokeh being busier at times than I wanted for the
application I had in mind.

I am still on the lower part of the learning curve with flash for
macro, but had noted that even though the light source is much larger
than the subject, light modifiers seem to be useful.  The bare bulb is
still "harsh" for reasons I am unsure about and can lead to too many
specular highlights---sometimes not desirable on reflective critters or
waxy/wet plants.  I have taken to trying and construct a  softbox
trying to maintain output and still diffuse the light---using plastic
bottle, foil to reflect onto some polypropylene and fitting it onto the
T28---duct tape involved of course! To have sufficient room a flash
bracket is necessary---quite a contraption. More diffusing material
seems just to reduce output and the light needs to be spread out first.
I have a hunch I may be re-inventing the wheel.
Mike

Well, two years ago I was able to make these 'azaleas' photographs on

Velvia 50.
The first one has just been scanned, the second on 2007. They look good
to me, perhaps because of the added contrast light by the T-32 or the
amazing Velvia (which is now a little easier for the 4000ED to scan, or
more properly said, I'm slowly learning how to do it better [thanks AG])

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/3452091690/>
-->

sRGB

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/477219563/> -->

I don't remember, perhaps aRGB.
Tripod mounted OM 2n, Zuiko 200mm F = 1:4 @ F = 1:11, 65~116 tube @
65mm, T-32 and 5m. TTL cable.
Link to view them at 1280, and link to view them on black.

Fernando.