Re: [OM] More Chinook Pass and the debut of Mt. St. Helens

Subject: Re: [OM] More Chinook Pass and the debut of Mt. St. Helens
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:23:11 -0700
I was living on my boat at the time. Anchored 166miNNW (just checked)
from Mt St Helens when it blew. It was quite loud and felt like being in
a VW bug when someone slams the door without cracking a window first. My
wife and I took a trip around the east side a few years after the blast
when they first opened the road. It was still a wasteland then with a
few straggling plants and rusted vehicles. The viewpoint above Spirit
Lake looked right into the mouth of the crater. Those photos are buried
somewhere in a box of negatives.

I also have some photos in that same box taken from Chinook Pass so
Chuck can see what the Mountain looks like without clouds. :-)

Mike