Re: [OM] Listen up Mac users. Welcome to the club

Subject: Re: [OM] Listen up Mac users. Welcome to the club
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 08:56:13 -0400
On Apr 19, 2009, at 7:43 AM, Michael Wong wrote:

> Yup, many virus works on Windows & Mac user to be "carrier". I
> always heard
> my friends complained their PC down by virus infected. I think I'm
> lucky I
> switched to Mac but seems the happy day comes end.

As Winston Churchill once said (more or less), It's not the beginning
of the end, but rather the end of the beginning. I think Mac users
are, and will continue to be, pretty safe, all things considered. In
fact, a major component of this story was transmission through pirated
software. Be a Good Citizen and buy your software legitimately, and it
won't be a problem. That said, Mac share is increasing. I have finally
installed a virus hunter on my Mac, but Norton didn't have anything to
do with it. I'd rather give up photography, stop using a computer, and
become a hermit monk than let another Symantec product on a computer
of mine.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com