Re: [OM] Dipping a Thong

Subject: Re: [OM] Dipping a Thong
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:56:31 +1000
> From: "Andrew Fildes" <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Not quite it -
>> http://www.souvenirsaustralia.com/webcontent26.htm
>> (Vegemite warning!)
>> They are common low class ('bogan') street wear in summer, banned in
>> situations that require more formal or safer footwear.

They're common footwear here (Sunshine Coast) all year. Actually,
until my recent quick-trip to Sydney they were near the only thing I'd
worn on my feet for about 12 months (thus my
open-to-further-confusion, permanent "thong-tan"), and that's even
going to the local latte-sucking la-di-da restaurants for brekkie or
lunch.

If you're going to wear them a lot, I'd recommend the Havaianas and
their ilk, even though more expensive, over your average KMart
dollar-thong (even over their double-plugger "wedding thongs").
Inevitably you'll make the mistake of trying to run in them, and at
least when you trip and use assorted parts of your body to break your
fall, the good quality rubber (particularly around the plugs) tends to
survive the stretching.

Cheers,
Marc (who is prone to forgetting his thongs and walking the dogs barefoot)
Noosa Heads, Oz
http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery