Re: [OM] E-3 Photos: Iowa-Nebraska pedestrian bridge

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 Photos: Iowa-Nebraska pedestrian bridge
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:19:09 -0500
Dunno.  From the pedestrian's perspective, it is a beautiful
experience to be on the bridge.  It has the initial S sweep and crests
mid-river and then sweeps back down.  The effect is great openness to
one side or the other as well as of the sweeping patterns of the
suspension cables that vary with each step.  It has actual elegance,
in my opinion, which I suppose could be afforded since it is only for
walkers and bicycles and need not support the weight of vehicles.

Joel W.