Re: [OM] IMG: Copenhagen in the spring

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Copenhagen in the spring
From: <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:43:25 -0400
Cc: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I was struck by the portrait of this prime minister, and Nathan's caption,
which I quote: "Another great prime minister, Jens Otto Krag, who spearheaded
the campaign to get Denmark into the EEC (as the EU was then called). The day
following the referendum in 1972, he resigned, saying that his political life
work was now done."

My God in Heaven what a more wonderful world this would be if more politicians
followed Mr. Krag's example! The next beer I drink will be in his honor.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com