Re: [OM] Day One Redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Day One Redux
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:27:52 -0400
The first time I ever saw my photo mentor's studio I was surprised to
see that the walls were totally black.  Only later did I learn that the
black paint was at the request of another photographer he shared the
studio with.  When a larger studio space opened up in the same building
he took it as his own and didn't change much of anything after he got
there... light beige walls and about 30 feet of tall windows lining the
*north* wall.  Good for natural light photography.  As for flash, the
flash is generally so bright that the north light coming in the window
is about 5 stops down and essentially invisible.  Could be your
fluorescents are at least that far down.  Do an experiment.  I suspect
you won't be able to tell in the shot if they're on or off.

Chuck Norcutt