Re: [OM] A road trip of sorts.

Subject: Re: [OM] A road trip of sorts.
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 21:51:40 -0500
On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Last weekend I got back from a fortnight trapsing round parts of South
> Africa with my much better half.   Travelling by a backpackers bus there
> was little opertunity to stop and take photos, so the following set are
> simply out the window of the bus.  But I'm quite happy with these, hope you
> like them too;  even if they're perhaps a bit over the top in the
> processing...
>
> http://the.earth.li/~paddy/cgi-bin/range.pl?dir=pe_to_capetown

Everything seems to have come together nicely in 011 -- composition,
subject interest, stunning sky.  That one's really worth working a
bit.  Kudos!

> This set are a bit more managed.  We made it to the top of Table Mountain,
> but the clouds came in.  Having said that,  I think that worked well for
> B&W
>
> http://the.earth.li/~paddy/cgi-bin/range.pl?dir=table_mountain_and_home&offset=11
>
> thanks for looking.

Wow, wonderful clouds.  I really like the B&W renditions.  Something
about the color makes me yearn a bit for a warming filter.  That looks
like it was a great trip and you make the most of less than optimal
shooting conditions at times.

Joel W.