Re: [OM] Day One Redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Day One Redux
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:17:06 -0500

> Possible, but your attempt to defeat the inverse square law with wide
> and narrow angle flash beams seems rather tricky to setup... especially
> when you say you're going to throw a stocking over the flash to act as a
> diffuser... umm... precisely what coverage angle do you get from a white
> cotton sweatsock?  :-)

I was thinking in terms of very light diffusion--just something to take the
edge off a bit.  Ladies' silk stocking like material.  At the theatre supply
store, I can buy diffusion material for stage lights in various degrees of
diffusion. The light diffusion is barely there.  (The advantage to this
material is the heat resistance).

I only mention this because the 285HV has a horrid fresnel pattern and could
use just a bit of diffusion to make it behave better.

AG