Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 01/05/2009: close enough

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 01/05/2009: close enough
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 16:24:23 +1000
I do - 6 hours in the public sector with a 20min commute and I can
work when I want. No meetings, administrative nonsense and so on.
Of course, I earned this with near 30 years of MUCH longer days with
a serious workload at home, interminable and nonsensical government
initiatives, deranged 'clients', countless tasks for which I had
little or no training...and so on.
It's Emergency/Casual Relief/Supply teaching. Of course, I don't get
paid if I don't work, or for holiday periods or if I'm sick or for a
month after I did the work...so it'd be lousy pay if I didn't have a
pension to back it up and of course you can always be ambushed by 9C
(anywhere on the planet, at any point in history, 9C are always demon
spawn).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx