Re: [OM] Working hours

Subject: Re: [OM] Working hours
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 09:04:39 -0700
> From: John Hudson <BZ4G@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hours worked and seniority are, or should be,  inversely related and
> seriously so. Senior positions in any business should be in the 60 +
> + hours
> a week. Less than that and one is slacking off or freeloading.

It might have been nice to see "I think" or "in my opinion" in there
somewhere...

I think almost the opposite.

Those who have become more efficient and knowledgeable should not have
to work so hard to achieve the same result, no? Po*, why not strive
for "equal results" and "equal compensation," whereby the master
provides direction and correction, and the apprentice provides brawn
and grunt work. Then the master can go fishing, and "work" on more
important things, like what is the meaning of life, and why do people
work like insane fools until they're continuously tired, so that some
day they might have the luxury of being, all of a sudden, complete
leeches on the system, when they become re-tired? :-)

I think retirement requires some serious training, and I'm trying to
become a partial leech before having to become a complete one.

*Eduard DeBono has proposed the neologism "po," used like "so," to
describe a purposely provocative position, meant for opening
meaningful dialogue, rather than as a proposal to be implemented as-is.

:::: In a low-energy future... the wealth of nations will be measured
by the quantity and quality of their forests. -- David Holmgren ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::