Re: [OM] "Native" ISO of DSLR sensors

Subject: Re: [OM] "Native" ISO of DSLR sensors
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 15:59:16 -0500

> I think the Canon was what I was reading about. Just wondering about the
> Olys. We have two or three list members who seem to have inside contact
> with
> Olympus. Any info about the native ISO of Olympus sensors from those
> quarters?

We'd tell you, but then we'd have to NR you.  :)

Rumor has it that the native ISO is slightly adjustable based on the
application of variable voltage to the sensor. This is different than
boosting by amplification post-sensor, which is what happens with any sensor
once you get past the initial range.

That all said... you can never go wrong shooting at ISO 100 with any of the
Olympus cameras.  ;)

AG