Re: [OM] What I did for Earth Day

Subject: Re: [OM] What I did for Earth Day
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 01:15:37 +0800
I also set my 5D II at -2/3 most of the time and found the exposures were
more close to my requirement but I don't know if MF lenses has anything to
do with the accurate of exposure. On the other hand I don't see big
influence on side light entering viewfinder eyepiece.

For highlight rendering, no matter how the test reports say I found much
more highlight hard clipping with the Canyon than my E-1, I mean when the
subject is under right exposure you will found more clipping on bright
elements of the pictures. This was further confirmed with the histogram of
the images from both cameras.

Even I finally settled with a FF Canyon I'm not really happy with the tonal
rendering of the images, they need a lots of post processing (curve/level)
to look good. For mixed light I even have to go to the color palette to
balance the color.

As for the images from Moose, I have the same feeling as you, they are
missing the richness I generally preferred. At the mean time I found they
are a little harsh and over sharpened to my eyes. Just like the below
sample, it seems too much LCE were used and the color/tone is a bit odd:

http://galleries.moosemystic.net/StrybingArboretum/slides/_MG_5731ia.htm

Other than these the images were nicely captured and composed.

C.H.Ling