[OM] OM sighting [was cricket]

Subject: [OM] OM sighting [was cricket]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 15:48:25 -0700
bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> ---- Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Not to be confused with merkins
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin
> Sometimes, this list just astounds me. <g>

You didn't know that??

Guess I better fess up. When we signed up for DISHTV, we got HBO and
CineMax free for three months. On HBO, we discovered a show called Real
Sex, which made us realize what we were missing on regular TV. Unlike
pure porn, it doesn't show certain details. Also, wonderfully unlike
regular porn, it explores all sorts of of byways of human behavior
around sexuality.

Not everyone's cup of tea, I'm sure, but we found it often fascinating.
I already knew what  merkin was, and some of their uses, for example.
:-)   And blasting past the un-engaging bits is easy.

Anyway, this confession is by way of reporting a sighting of an OM body
being used with SIMA soft focus lens at f5.6 to photograph a couple in
'compromising positions'. I could only see the prism and right side, so
the logo wasn't visible, but it was clearly an OM-3 or 4 of some sort,
from prism shape and LCD illumination window. My guess would be OM-4,
from what I could see of the finish.

I have one of the SIMA lenses.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Lenses/SIMA/>

I hadn't considered that use for it.  :-P

Moose