Re: [OM] IMG: Spring Rains Bring May Flowers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Spring Rains Bring May Flowers
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 16:23:07 -0400
I also did a little experiment where I separately sharpened the
foreground petal under "mask" and, IMHO, I improved the image somewhat.
  In PS I created a separate layer and sharpened the entire image until
the foreground petal was improved as much as possible.  This made the
rest of the image looks gaudy so I added a mask and filled the mask with
black paint from the paint bucket.  I then switched to a brush and white
paint and painted over the foreground petal revealing the extra
sharpening on only that part of the image.

Chuck Norcutt