Re: [OM] That's Not a Bokeh, This is a Bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] That's Not a Bokeh, This is a Bokeh
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 01:08:56 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> What !? - are you still able to print Cibachrome?
>
> It disappeared from my country more than 10 years ago,

That's because Ilford bought the process and renamed it Ilfochrome
<http://www.ilford.com/en/products/ilfochrome/index.asp>

That's been the name for, as you say, many years.

A friend who made and sold spectacular Cibachrome prints in his own
darkroom ( I have a few) said there was no difference that he could see
in the switch of name.

Anyone today claiming to print Cibachrome is either using the renamed
material, which is only sorta lying, makes VERY few prints or has had a
huge stash in a freezer somewhere.

Moose