Re: [OM] That's Not a Bokeh, This is a Bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] That's Not a Bokeh, This is a Bokeh
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 06:36:20 -0400
I tried various blur techniques.  Applying a "radial blur" in the
direction of the stem or a "smart blur" with a small radius works fairly
well.  Of course, you have to mask it so just the offending leaves are
affected.  But to merge the "double image" effect you have to use enough
blurring that the leaves begin to lose their identity as leaves.  If I
cared enough to really recover this image I would probably (under very
high magnification) "paint" in the gap with the clone tool or use a
similar technique that blended the "double image" without softening the
sharper outer edges of the leaves.  But too much work for something
that's not mine.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt